This is a short list of some of the books I have on my bookshelf, as well as some links to online publications I enjoy. A green check means I've already read it or, in the case of a blog, I consistently read it. Otherwise, it's on my to-read list. A star means it's a favorite of mine.
- 11 books(10)(4)
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
Dense but informative look at how the subconscious mind operates.
- The Lean Product Playbook by Dan Olsen
How to build the right products without floundering around. One of my favorite starting points for new PMs.
- Siblings Without Rivalry by Adele Faber
Unintuitive advice to help your children get along for life. Also, a surprisingly good book about people management in general.
- Inspired by Marty Cagan
A complete handbook for product management mindsets, frameworks, and tactics.
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
A look into what it means to be focused, and the impact it can have on your business and life.
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
A good look at effective negotiation tactics. A little too “hostage” focused, but that’s what the Voss’s career focused on so it makes sense.
- SVPG Insights Blog by Marty Cagan
Goldmine of product management-related articles. Key for understanding good product organizations and empowered product teams.
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
- Escaping the Build Trap by Melissa Perri
A good look at what it means to be a build product for real business results.
- The Making of a Manager by Julie Zhuo