Before you get started with Simple Mapbox Data, you’ll need to create a blank dataset in Mapbox to house your map data.
- Log in to your Mapbox account.
- Click “Studio” in the top navigation.
- Click “Datasets” in the sub-navigation.
- Click the blue “New Dataset” button.
- Make sure “Blank Dataset” is selected, give your dataset a name, and click “Create.”
- Go back to the Datasets page. Click the “Menu” button next to the dataset you just made. Under “Dataset ID” click the blue button to copy the Dataset ID.
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Settings -> Simple Mapbox Data and copy the Dataset ID into the appropriate field, then save your changes.